Psalms 66:4


Other than the majority of YouTube videos in this Blog all other work has been included with written permission

Sunday 27 December 2015


Walls by Jaylon Ashaun



Released October 17, 2015


Walls is a song that was created from observing human nature. I have come to realize that as people we put up Walls to mask our pain. We want everyone to think that we are always doing "good" or "fine". We do not want people to see the real us. So as a result, we invest in keeping people out. We develop patterns to avoid tough conversations and flee from dealing with the issues in our lives that have caused us pain. Unfortunately, keeping people out can end up being the most damaging thing we can do to ourselves. There is freedom in letting people in who sincerely want to help you. Don't be afraid to break down your "Walls".


(Verse 1)
You think you know me and I know you, but you can only see what I show you. I know from the outside I look real good, everything seems ok. But I know on the inside I feel misunderstood, so hear me when I say that...

(Pre-Chorus)
I've been hurt for so long and I don't want to cry no more.
I see you trying to get in, but sorry I locked the door.

(Chorus)
Brick by brick, I'll build my castle now.
Around my heart, my walls aren't crashing down.
So bring on the war, fire your cannon rounds.
Brick by brick, my walls aren't falling.

(Verse 2)
I know on the outside I look real good to you, but I wonder if you know what I'm going through. Do you?

(Pre-Chorus)
I've been hurt for so long and I don't want to cry no more.
I see you trying to get in, but sorry I locked the door.

(Chorus)
Brick by brick, I'll build my castle now.
Around my heart, my walls aren't crashing down.
So bring on the war, fire your cannon rounds.
Brick by brick, my walls aren't falling.

(Bridge)
I want you to see inside my...Please don't look inside my heart.
You don't have to hide. You don't have to hide no more.
Open up inside. You don't have to hide no more.

(Final Chorus)
Bring on the war, fire your cannon rounds.
Brick by brick, my walls aren't falling down.
Brick by brick, my walls aren't falling.





The music amd lyrics can be downloaded at the Link:

If you are here via the Featured Artist's Links please click Older Posts once to hear the other music of Jaylon Ashaun in this Blog




No comments:

Post a Comment